Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thing 5

I love Facebook, I have used it frequently for personal microblogging. I was not as taken with Twitter at first, but reading the articles presented on how to use it in libraries; and seeing it constantly on television, makes me realize it is quite effective and popular. I am going to try it this year to share information about what's going on in my middle school library! I think it will be a way to share rsources chosen/suggested by the library and teachers, introduce new books and events, and support students' learning.
I am already using twitter for my part time job as vintage online store owner. It's fun to share new information with my tweets (I know I need to be careful and use the correct twitter lexicon).
The tinychat information was interesting, I know that any chat in my district is blocked, so I will look forward to seeing what they have to say about this option.
Backchanneling is very interesting...I prefer the idea of backchanneling in large presentations because it seems to include everyone while keeping the flow of the presentation going and giving feedback to the presentor.

No comments: